The common wisdom has always been to make as many repairs as possible to a home before putting it on the market. This is a costly affair that takes time, not to mention that repairs may not fetch as much as expected once the home is sold. Lately, there are companies that buy homes for cash – you can sell your home to them without the need for a realtor, which means you get to keep all the proceeds of the sale, and they are prepared to buy your home in its current condition.
As someone who is prepared to sell your home you may be wondering whether you should sell it as-is, or whether you ought to make some repairs before you put it on the market. As you weigh the decision you should think about the following benefits of selling your home in its current state:
- You do not have to spend any of your money your own on repairs. Many people who want to sell their homes often have to borrow in order to finance the repairs, and there is no guarantee that the home will fetch enough for the owner to make a profit after paying off the loan. When you sell your home as-is the burden of repairs is assumed by another party and you get to keep whatever your home fetches.
- Selling your home can be a long and tedious process. Any seasoned realtor will tell you that you can have 20 showings without a single declaration of interest. In other words, your house can be on the market for months before you get a buyer. You may not have that kind of time, so a cash sale as-is makes perfect sense.
- Many people are choosing to sell properties as is because they want to get rid of them as fast as possible – especially in cases of inheritance. Imagine you inherit a large estate that has fallen into disrepair and you relay don’t want to waste any time or money on it. Rather than let it get any further dilapidated, why not sell as-is and walk away with whatever money you can get?
- Repairing your home can be a major headache – dealing with contractors is not easy especially if you don’t have any experience or if you are a busy person. You can cut repairs out of the sale process altogether by selling your home in its current condition.
- Are you in need of fast cash flow? If yes, one way to raise a large chunk of money in a short time is to sell your home right away to a company that is willing to pay you cash for it. Many people are choosing to raise money this way to finance debt, pay medical bills or even college fees.
Now that you know the benefits of selling your home as-is you may be wondering which company should do it for you. The most important thing is to make sure that you are dealing with a reputable house for cash company that will offer fair value for your home.